ATMC Grant Programs
ATMC is dedicated to providing communications services that add value to the lives of our customers and the communities we serve. To ensure that our corporate contributions also add value within our communities, we have established a Grant Program. This program came about as a result of a restructuring of ATMC's overall corporate giving plan. The majority of the cooperative's corporate contribution and sponsorship dollars are given directly, through our Grant Program, to the numerous causes and worthwhile organizations that make a positive difference in the lives of local residents.
Our cooperative has always been a good corporate citizen. Over the years, we have generously given hundreds of thousands of dollars in services and financial contributions to a wide scope of community groups and organizations. Our employees have been active as well, helping to uphold the cooperative spirit. The decision was made to establish a grant program so that we could directly address specific needs in our community and achieve the greatest benefit for our residents.
- Grants must be for programs which directly benefit residents in Brunswick County.
- Grant dollars available to a specific program or group range from $250 to $2500.
- Funds are disbursed for single-use and must be expended within one year of receipt.
- Grants are open to any charitable or nonprofit organization in Brunswick County or one in another county which offers a program specifically targeted at and benefiting Brunswick County residents. In the case of an outside charity or organization, 100% of the funds must be used for Brunswick County residents.
- An organization may not apply for or benefit from a grant twice in one 12-month period.
Grant funds will not be available for the following: religious organizations or activities, political organizations or activities, capital campaigns, individuals, beauty pageants, advertising, fraternal organizations ,sponsorship of fund-raising events, such as raffles, auctions, walk-a-thons or telethons, payments to individuals for services, endowments and labor organizations. In addition, grants will not be issued to groups or organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, disability or status as a protected veteran.
The 2014 Grant Program will have a one-time disbursement process for each of its two categories.
Smart Connections 2014
- Deadline for applications: September 10, 2014
- Awards: November 2014
To date, ATMC has awarded $405,000 in grant funds to 263 local educators and community organizations.
Inquiries regarding the ATMC Grant Program should be directed to:
ATMC Public Relations Department
P.O. Box 3198
Shallotte, NC 28459
FAX (910) 754-5499
TELEPHONE (910) 755-1755